Bubba Bowling Bag in Birds & Bees
I just realized that I hadn't share all the fun projects we made for last Quilt Market in Minneapolis. Slowly but surely I am going to share all of them with you =]
We are kicking it of with this fun Bubba Bowling Bag made up in the Birds & Bees fabric line designed by Tamara Kate for Michael Miller Fabrics. The line is full of fabulously funky birds, stars, feathers, butterflies and geometric shapes! We used the charcoal bird print for the bag sides, the charcoal stars for the gusset and bright coral-pink for the piping and handles. We threw in an aqua accent and aqua zipper for some contrast and a little pop! We love how this bag turned out!
Here are some photos of my favorite details! Everything from the zippers to the hardware and the accents and bag feet! There are even some photos of the top stitching, quilting and piping!
- Pattern: Bubba Bowling Bag
- Fabric: Birds & Bees by Tamara Kate for Michael Miller Fabrics
- Finished Size: 12" wide, 12" tall and 4" deep
- Techniques: Straight sewing and piping (photo tutorial here)
- My Favorite Part: The large funky print, pops of color and small details including the orange quilting and pink top-stitching.
The Bubba Bowling Bag pattern is available in PDF and paper form and the handy-dandy hardware kits are available here. If you make this or any other Sassafras Lane projects, we would love to see them! Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more proejcts!